SAINT jOHN vIANNEY HIGH SCHOOL Curriculum
Holmdel, New Jersey
The comprehensive curriculum offered at our Catholic High School, Saint John Vianney High School in Holmdel, New Jersey, helps students from Monmouth, Middlesex, and Ocean Counties to grow and excel in every area of their lives. This, in addition to our gorgeous campus, robust extracurricular offerings, and more, is the reason that families from near and far trust our Catholic school to help their children attain acceptance to college and prepare for a successful future.
Saint John Vianney High School is nationally recognized for offering our students a complete and diverse education, as evidenced by our college acceptance rate of 99%. Our various academic departments work together toward this goal, and they include:
- Theology: As a Catholic school, we offer our students a strong foundation in theology and Church doctrine. Classes begin with an introductory course designed to be approachable to students from different faiths, later moving into Church history and developments.
- Business and Technology: This section of our curriculum prepares students for taking on the modern world. It includes courses in marketing and accounting, as well as communication technology, robotics, engineering, computer-aided design, and video.
- English: Our teachers work to refine students’ communication and critical analysis skills. Standard courses are supplemented with journalism and creative writing, and students may also contribute to the yearbook or earn credit with advanced placement (AP) courses.
- Fine and Performing Arts: Creativity and self-expression are valuable to an individual’s overall growth, which is why we encourage students to participate in the arts. We teach the fundamentals of theatre, chorus, musical instruments, drawing, photography, and textiles, as well as an AP elective.
- Mathematics: We ensure all students have a foundational grasp of mathematics. True math-lovers, however, can deepen their understanding with modeling, calculus, statistics, and AP courses in calculus and statistics.
- Physical Education and Health: Students exercise through various recreational sports and in the weight room while learning about wellness topics, driving, the dangers of drugs and alcohol, first aid, and CPR.
- Science: Saint John Vianney High School offers a well-rounded science education with basics in biology, chemistry, physics, and their respective labs. Additional electives include marine biology, environmental science, forensics, anatomy, and a range of AP topics.
- Social Studies: An understanding of history, sociology, and psychology is valuable for navigating the world successfully. That’s why our curriculum addresses all of those subjects, in addition to American law and civilization and multiple AP offerings.
- World Language: In a globalized environment, it helps to know languages aside from English. Students can choose between four-year programs in French, Italian, and Spanish.
In addition to our standard curriculum, we also offer some specialty programs for students with unique interests. The following programs are optional, though they’re excellent opportunities for students to develop skills to help them through college and beyond:
- Student-Athlete Academic Counseling: NCAA athletic programs require student-athletes to meet certain academic standards. We work with all of our athletes to ensure they meet these requirements so they can compete in the sport they love at the collegiate level.
- Forensics: Students interested in criminal justice have the opportunity to develop basic forensic skills, including fingerprint dusting and analysis, and learn what to expect from this career path.
Enroll Your Child at Saint John Vianney High School Today
Based in Holmdel, NJ, we offer a comprehensive Catholic school curriculum to our students, who live throughout Monmouth, Middlesex, and Ocean Counties. To learn more about Saint John Vianney High School, discuss our curriculum, or meet with a member of our guidance team, contact us today.
Forensics: Students use black lightning powder to dust for latent (invisible) fingerprints throughout the school! They will then bring them back to class and analyze them for pattern, minutiae patterns, and ridge counts - just as real forensic scientists use to collect and analyze fingerprint evidence from crime scenes.