Fine Arts education at Saint John Vianney High School is based on the philosophy that art and music are essential components of a quality life. Education in fine arts is an integral part of the total school program. The arts provide varied and powerful ways of communicating ideas and feelings both as individuals and as members of communities. The visual and performing arts challenge students' creative abilities and foster individual expression. In accordance with the social teachings of our Catholic church, this department emphasizes the principle of Solidarity. Music and Art recognize the human family and embrace the unique contributions of our global neighbors, regardless of national, racial, ethnic, economic, and ideological differences.
- To integrate the social teachings of the Catholic Church throughout the curriculum
- To provide an environment where personal growth and creative expression are stimulated
- To enhance the understanding and appreciation of visual and performing arts
- To develop critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- To develop visual and musical literacy
- To promote skill development
- To empower all students to realize their full potential