Each month of the school year, each Academic Department recommends a student to be honored as Student of the Month. Student selection is based on noteworthy achievement and improvement, along with no discipline record for the month. Please congratulate these students and encourage them to continue their good work.
By teachers’ vote, the following students were selected to be Saint John Vianney’s Students of the Month for March 2018:
- Julia DiFazio (Social Studies)
- Christina Vivo (English)
- Sofia Stefano (Fine Arts)
- Kristen Velazquez (Mathematics)
- Julia Parker (Theology)
- Seamus Duffy (Physical Education/Health)
- Erin Craig (World Language)
- Ronnie Nuzzolo (Business/Tech)
- Alexa Steensen (Science)
At the conclusion of each marking period, many Saint John Vianney High School students are recognized for outstanding academic performance in their classes. Students who receive As in all four of their classes achieve High Honors status, and students who receive a combination of As and Bs achieve Honor Roll status.
Outstanding Catholic Educator and staff member Qualifications and Criteria
Any Catholic School Educator in the Diocese of Trenton is eligible. The nominee should meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience in Catholic schools in the Diocese of Trenton.
- Model Catholic Christian values, both publicly and privately, in the school and in the parish.
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire and motivate students to pursue excellence.
- Be successful in conceiving and implementing innovations and improvements in educational programs and practices.
- Excel in human relations, especially as evidenced by the respect of colleagues, parents and students.
- Show evidence of continual development.
- Demonstrate qualities of service and leadership to the school.
Note: Outstanding Staff Member of the Year Award was added for 2018.
|2018||Jennifer Garrity and David Tuschmann|
The purpose of this award is to recognize students who embody the school motto of:
Knowledge, Commitment, and Involvement.
The Gold & White Award recognizes those who participate in curricular and extra-curricular activities with merit. A MINIMUM number of points is required in pre-determined categories. The balance of points may be from the student’s choice of activities.
Check our Calendar-Handbook for details required for earning this award.