- Student of the Month
- Honor Rolls
- Year End Awards
- Gold & White
- Educator of the Term
- Educator of the Year
Each month of the school year, each Academic Department recommends a student to be honored as Student of the Month. Student selection is based on noteworthy achievement and improvement, along with no discipline record for the month. Please congratulate these students and encourage them to continue their good work.
By teachers’ vote, the following students were selected to be Saint John Vianney’s Students of the Month for October 2017:
- Lauren Konawalik (Social Studies)
- Dylan Manfre (English)
- Kayla Thuel (Fine Arts)
- Aaron Browne (Mathematics)
- Zoie Sciascia (Theology)
- Charles Hanson (Physical Education/Health)
- Nicholas Cabrera (World Language)
- Amanda Tadros (Business/Technology)
- Andrew Suarez (Science)
At the conclusion of each marking period, many Saint John Vianney High School students are recognized for outstanding academic performance in their classes. Students who receive As in all four of their classes achieve High Honors status, and students who receive a combination of As and Bs achieve Honor Roll status.
The purpose of this award is to recognize students who embody the school motto of:
Knowledge, Commitment, and Involvement.
The Gold & White Award recognizes those who participate in curricular and extra-curricular activities with merit. A MINIMUM number of points is required in pre-determined categories. The balance of points may be from the student’s choice of activities.
Check our Calendar-Handbook for details required for earning this award.
Educators of the Term
Each Academic Department selects one of their instructors to receive this honor. Administration honors them with an appreciation lunch and a certificate.Congratulations to all and thank you for your faithful work!
|Educators of Term 2 in the 2015 - 2016 School Year|
|Business/Technology||Maria Surace & Tom McKenna|
|English/Fine Arts||Theresa Lau & Mary Kate Schmidt|
|Mathematics||Gabrielle Burgo & Michelle Grassia|
|Physical Education||Robert Halsey & Mike Morgan|
|World Languages||Helena Rosato|
|Social Studies||Diane Robb & Rob Marsh|
|Science||Judy Jones & Mike Dowd|
|Theology||Nancy Csurbak & Jim Reid|
Outstanding Catholic EducatorQualifications and Criteria
Any Catholic School Educator in the Diocese of Trenton is eligible. The nominee should meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience in Catholic schools in the Diocese of Trenton.
- Model Catholic Christian values, both publicly and privately, in the school and in the parish.
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire and motivate students to pursue excellence.
- Be successful in conceiving and implementing innovations and improvements in educational programs and practices.
- Excel in human relations, especially as evidenced by the respect of colleagues, parents and students.
- Show evidence of continual development.
- Demonstrate qualities of service and leadership to the school.